My bootleg game story about the Super Lion King

In 1994, when I was 18 years old, I joined the game company Realtec. I am a game artist. Within a year, I participated in the production of "Super Lion King," "Super Aladdin," "Super Shinobi," "Bomber Boy," and a small part of "Mortal Kombat."

▲The artwork I contributed to for four complete games.

Even though it's a copied work, I put a lot of effort into perfecting every single pixel. Especially the title screen of the game. Due to a lack of enough sprite pattern, I combined background with animation to create the title screen. By using NES emulator, you can toggle the animation layer on or off to see what I've added and the process behind it. "Bomber Boy" was in an unfinished stage when I was recruited by the military for national service. During that time, there was also an NES bootleg game that was never released afterwards., which was "Desert Strike" for the Mega Drive.

▲Title Screen. ( right : official version )

▲The Pridelands.  ( right : official version )

▲Bug Toss.  ( right : official version )

▲Can't Wait to Be King.  ( right : official version )

▲Hakuna Matata.  ( right : official version )

▲We've also retained two levels that were deleted from the original version.

A few days ago at a gathering, my new friend Dave Allwein gave me a "Super Lion King" game cartridge. I was ecstatic because at the time, I didn't think creating bootleg games was something to be proud of, so I didn't keep any backups. It's unbelievable that decades later, this has become such a rare treasure.

▲Dave is an expert dedicated to collecting retro and unofficial copyright games.

I heard Dave mention the "Super Lion King" was incredibly popular in Europe and America, even surpassing the reputation of the official version. For me, it's a rediscovered pride, and I'm grateful that you all enjoy this game.


留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

為什麼要在 CRT 電視上玩復古遊戲?

Nintendo Game & Watch 刷機完全攻略

小霸王 Q9 非官方韌體初探

Zelda Game & Watch Dual System 薩爾達機刷雙系統完全攻略

如何轉換 PCE-CDROM 的映像檔成為小霸王 Q9 能玩的格式(兼容其他需要此格式的模擬器)

任天堂紅白機改超級 AV 心得

RGBSPi 簡易開箱評測

RaspiBoy 簡易開箱評測

SEGA New Astro City Mini 新發售 ?

自製迷你賽車遊戲 Mini Arcade Racer 機台